Sunday, October 26, 2008

Hello! It's Toohey!

I have been meaning to fill this out for sometime now. Sorry this has taken me so long to do but I am finally doing it!


1.)What have you been doing post-graduation (art-wise or life-wise) and what are your plans for the next few months?

Well I moved to Chicago and started working part time for Steve Munro, an art rep out here, (http://www.munrocampagna.com/). I have been learning the tricks of the trade and getting some contacts that I have yet to use. I also recently started to work part time at Crate and Barrel, and if you have ever worked retail you know just how grand of a job it is. The next few months I am going to attempt to open my etsy shop and sell copies of my book because a lot of people have been bugging me about not having a copy. I have also been making lots of cute stationary but I haven’t posted most of it on my blog yet for some reason.

2.)Where have you moved to (be specific: ex."hampden") ? Are you happy/excited/frustrated/ disappointed by your new location? Is there something about this new place you wanna advertise, or warn us about? (Ex. great Tex-Mex food, bad public transportation)

I moved to Chicago and it is taking a while to grow on me but I am doing my best to get over its discrepancies. I would prefer to live New Orleans, but that will hopefully happen sooner rather than later. I live in Andersonville, really friendly cute neighborhood. Lots of cute shops. The great thing about living here is public transit is amazing! The locals complain about how expensive it is, which it is, BUT its all over the city! So for people like me who don’t have a car and work downtown the el is perfect. I am not that impressed with the food and the taxes are ridiculous (10.25%). It’s just starting to get really cold here but its not bad, yet.

3.)Is there something you have created since you graduated you would like to share? (it doesn't have to be an illustration)

I have FINALLY made some stationary and some things can be seen on my blog. (http://tooheyology.blogspot.com/) I just need to paint some lines onto some things and then post it. I am also working on illustrations of animal sounds. I am finishing up an owl hoohoooooing.

4.)Which specific color have you been using/thinking about the most lately?

Uh… using mostly… looks like chocolate brown. I didn’t even realize it till I came to this question. I haven’t really been thinking about any colors really. Now I want to think about colors!

5.)Tell us something about you that has changed since we last met.

Something that has changed. Well I gained some weight. I think I want to be an art teacher considering the recent market crisis.

2 comments:

Judith Uzcategui said...

hey toohey, it's nice to hear from you, i'm glad you are doing well!
if you want, you can post some pictures of your new place in Chicago, we'd love to see them...

Kathleen Toohey said...

Hey Judith! I will attempt to post some pictures of my place towards the end of the week.