Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hey guys, Becca reporting in

1.)What have you been doing post-graduation (art-wise or life-wise) and what are your plans for the next few months?


In the middle of June I started working full-time at a Toy Company in Rockville, MD (close to D.C) as their Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Toy Concept Artist/phone bitch (until they hire a new secretary, hopefully SOON because illustrators are socially awkward.) It's been pretty great! I've worked on previously started projects their old designer had begun and I've also been doing a lot of original surface designs and etc; I also just finished a mini-children's book to go with a set of adorable finger puppets.

2.)Where have you moved to (be specific: ex."hampden") ? Are you happy/excited/frustrated/ disappointed by your new location? Is there something about this new place you wanna advertise, or warn us about? (Ex. great Tex-Mex food, bad public transportation)

I moved from B-more to a little Hicky Suburb area called Laurel, MD - at least I don't feel like I'm gonna get jumped getting my mail. My apartment is nice, it has wood floors which is rare outside of the city and I painted most of it nice bright, beachy colors. The downside is that the train runs right behind my building - I guess I'm getting used to that. It's location is good from what I want now - close to my job in the DC area and also close to the Boy in Catonsville.

3.)Is there something you have created since you graduated you would like to share? (it doesn't have to be an illustration)

I'd like to, but I can't! When our catalog comes out in January, I'll be able to post the stuff I've been working on at work. Until then, my sad un-updated blog will suffice.


4.)Which specific color have you been using/thinking about the most lately?

deeeeep, jewel toney peacock blue green

5.)Tell us something about you that has changed since we last met.

Hum, my hair is auburn and longer. I got a tan (which, for me, means I am slightly less zombie looking). I have also gained 7 pounds since I just got back from vacation with the Boy's family and they eat delicious food that makes my stomach cry with joy. BEGONE, CRUEL ARM FLAPS.

2 comments:

Megan Russell said...

Arm flaps plague us all, trust me.

But I want a toy catalog!

Rebecca Bastian said...

Let us flap in unison; maybe it will create a breeze as it is hot in central maryland.

And of course I will send you a toy catalog when they come out! That's what I'll be working on for the next few months I think once we get all the samples done and ready to photograph.