Wednesday, August 20, 2008

questionnaire

ok, andrea.

1.)What have you been doing post-graduation (art-wise or life-wise) and what are your plans for the next few months?
I have been on the relentless job search that I hope other folks may be on too, and I might get a job as a floral designer (what?), which is big news. But seriously, I've actually come up with a good amount of freelance and that's happily been taking up most of my time. Right now I'm finishing up some musicians' portraits for a show called Music Is My Radar that Okan's putting up at Joe squared. I'm doing poster designs with Spike Press in Chicago, a one-man screen-printing business that I'm way psyched about. And I was asked to contribute to Image Comics' PopGun anthology which really confuses me, but is awesome and intimidating. Also I'm trying to decorate my apartment.


2.)Where have you moved to (be specific: ex."hampden") ? Are you happy/excited/frustrated/ disappointed by your new location? Is there something about this new place you wanna advertise, or warn us about? (Ex. great Tex-Mex food, bad public transportation)
I'm living with Jimmy in Hampden in a slightly dilapidated apartment that has a scary murder basement we didn't know about before we moved in. But I love Hampden so the apartment's just fine for now, and i'm warming up to it. There's the Avenue as everyone probably is real familiar with, and Soup's On is coming to it, which I'm really happy about. We have yet to really sample everything...

3.)Is there something you have created since you graduated you would like to share? (it doesn't have to be an illustration)
hopefully i'll put up my musician portraits soon.

4.)Which specific color have you been using/thinking about the most lately?
Red-orange. or a sort of sunset orange.

5.)Tell us something about you that has changed since we last met.
like Jeremy, nothing too profound. My hair's gotten really long, kinda.

3 comments:

Megan Russell said...

The job thing is also weighing heavily on my mind. It really is scary to suddenly be thrust into the world and told to figure out what to do for ourselves. Theres so much to think about that I think nobody ever really touches on. I feel your stress, dude.

But I bet your portraits are gorgeous! I can't wait to see them.

Judith Uzcategui said...

girrl..more freelance?
you're totally rockin', job or no job. and you're getting a job as a floral designer? i bet you apt will always have fresh flowers...damn... we need to catch up!!

Rebecca Bastian said...

Hey, I want to hear more about that murder basement - and how exactly the flowers relate to illustration! However they do, I'm sure you'll do great.