Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Questions!

So here it is, guys. some questions to get you all started.
I'll take the plunge and go first.
Copy and paste to your very own, spanking new post and answer away.
Like Alain corbel always says (before a crit): "commence!"




1.)What have you been doing post-graduation (art-wise or life-wise) and what are your plans for the next few months?

I have been unsuccessfully mailing postcards and applying to design jobs. I moved to a new city (Houston) and have been shopping for home stuff exhaustively and inhumanely since then. I have also started working on a group portrait for some friends back in baltimore (pics up soon) and painted my coffee table. Home decorating is not considered an artform but it sure leeches up your time.


2.)Where have you moved to (be specific: ex."hampden") ? Are you happy/excited/frustrated/ disappointed by your new location? Is there something about this new place you wanna advertise, or warn us about? (Ex. great Tex-Mex food, bad public transportation)

I live close to downtown in the Museum District: a cute, cultural and relatively quiet area of the city we lovingly refer to as the "Gay District" since this seems to be where they all live. I'm pretty happy with it. Btw, Houston means driving
everywhere. I have never seen so many highways crisscrossing one another. Public transportation is scarce.


3.)Is there something you have created since you graduated you would like to share? (it doesn't have to be an illustration)

look at my coffee table!

4.)Which specific color have you been using/thinking about the most lately?

i have to go paint something lime yellow.

5.)Tell us something about you that has changed since we last met.

i totally gained weight. and i've lost some faith in postcards...

2 comments:

Megan Russell said...

Your coffee table is gorgeous. I actually stumbled upon it earlier this summer and was completely dumbstruck by it. I wish I had the design sense to do something so cool!

Judith Uzcategui said...

thannnnks..i totally used some painting i did before on it, not much else to that. but thanks for the props! they make me feel not-so-bad for not having a job yet. :)