Thursday, September 25, 2008

I am here!

Hey everybody, Z Bauer reporting in. I just realized I haven't posted on here yet, so here is what I've been doing!

1.)What have you been doing post-graduation (art-wise or life-wise) and what are your plans for the next few months?

I took a couple classes over the summer to clear up the credit mess with my graduation status, and now that that's taken care of I've been devoting pretty much all my free time to producing artwork, with the rest of it on trying to find a steady job. I've been working at Sonar downtown most of the summer, but its the pits only being able to work from 5pm-2am and to only find out when you're working the day before or sometimes the day of. I've recently been sending out my resume/portfolio/cover letter to a bunch of different game companies near and abroad in search of the dream job. I'm super nervous about that.

2.)Where have you moved to (be specific: ex."hampden") ? Are you happy/excited/frustrated/ disappointed by your new location? Is there something about this new place you wanna advertise, or warn us about? (Ex. great Tex-Mex food, bad public transportation)

Me and the lil' lady got hitched and moved off to live in the back country of Idaho!

Ok you caught me, Karoline and I actually moved up to Charles Village. Its been pretty awesome living here, a lot of my non-mica friends have actually moved up around the same area, and so I don't even have to drive to see people. The area itself is pretty nice too, and our apartment is almost perfect sized. I just wish I had more room to do some decent sized paintings. I do live really close to Chipotle and a 24 hour Subway now though, late night subs for the win?

3.)Is there something you have created since you graduated you would like to share? (it doesn't have to be an illustration)

I've been drawing a bunch, and all finished work has moved to the digital realm as of late. Karline and I modge-podged a periodic table of elements poster onto our coffee table, Its pretty awesome. Check out the new artwork over at the ol' bloggeroo.

4.)Which specific color have you been using/thinking about the most lately?

I've been painting a lot of browns lately, per usual. But Orange has been showing up a lot more too.

5.)Tell us something about you that has changed since we last met.

I signed up at Brick Bodies gym a couple weeks ago. I'm trying to get back in good shape. Multiple all-nighters a week in the studios wore me down.

And now, my studio nook! As viewed at 1:00am.



I know its really dark, but I do a good deal of my work in the evening/night so this is what it looks like most of the time while I'm painting. This is all crammed into the living room along with a futon, TV, coffee table, easel, bike, and a bunch of shelves. Efficient! I'll take some pictures during the day tomorrow. There are two huge windows that provide an awesome amount of sun during the daylight hours.

3 comments:

Judith Uzcategui said...

i would LOVE to see your modge podged periodic table/ coffee table...sounds brilliant!

Jess Neil said...

I want to see the coffee table too! I really like the look of those element tables

Zachariah Bauer said...

Well since it has been dank outside all day today its been no good for daytime pictures. update as soon as the sky clears up!